Friday, April 06, 2007

Heidegger Documentary

HT to enowning who HTs Continental Philosophy for posting BBC's Human, All Too Human segment on Heidegger, titled "Thinking the Unthinkable" (see here). Very interesting. I particularly liked Gadamer's place in the interviews, both for his insight and for my ability to see him for the first time. Most of the segment focuses on Heidegger's Nazi involvement, which I think is fitting for the title of the program. I also like George Steiner's response to those who claim that Heidegger is not doing philosophy: "And to those who say, 'Look, this isn't philosophy,' I say fine. I'm not terribly interested in the supermarket label; call it what you will. Are you able to cope? Are you able to live with its completely new, radical grasp on the world?" Enjoy!

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home